And the project happily continues!
We have a recording date! Wednesday, July 6th at 1:00 p.m. (I’ll be practicing on July 4th. You?)
This is for the scratch audio track, for which I will be playing:
- Beethoven’s “Pathétique” Sonata
- seven of the Mendelssohn’s “Songs Without Words”
- some finger exercises by Bertini
I will also be conducting the Emily Dickinson Museum Guides Chorus! 🙂 The chorus repertoire includes:
- Joseph Haydn “The Spacious Firmament on High”
- Isaac Watts “Broad is the Road that Leads to Death”
and “Give Me the Wings of Faith”
- Lowell Mason, “Watchman, Tell us of the Night”
- Stephen Foster, “There’s a Good Time Coming”
- William Dempster, “The Lament of the Irish Emigrant”
- and possibly “Auld Lang Syne” and “Home Sweet Home”
I’m so excited about this project! Since this will be my first experience recording an audio track for someone else, being as prepared as possible seems like the way to go. Flexibility in tempi, dynamics, and possibly even pieces will surely be required.